Thursday, October 14, 2010

HW 10/14

Hello. For tonight, you have plenty to do. Study for your lit terms vocabulary test tomorrow and complete your first draft of the college essay.

Today's handouts included a handout on rhetorical devices organized by schemes. Although you've been given many of these terms before, I am always looking for ways to feed you the information differently. I like this handout because of the way it categorizes similar devices and offers good examples of the devices at work. I also gave you a few additional handouts featuring tips on writing college essays. I will continue to do this until the college app. process is complete. The handout on Symbolism should be read tonight, and you should make sure to read "Young Goodman Brown"

We should get through the short story unit soon. You will be responsible for all the material we've studied thus far. Our unit test will take place at the end of the marking period with the culminating assignment being your own short story.

I will be offering a one time homework amnesty to allow students to turn in late work. I offer it once a semester. I will let you know when that will be.

I think I've said enough. Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment