Thursday, March 10, 2011

HW 3/10

Hello. I am sorry for my absence today, but I hadn't been feeling well for a day or so, and woke up feeling a little feverish this morning and decided to stay home. In any case, I wanted to give you a heads up for tomorrow. We will have a timed write on a prose passage. I know it is Friday, but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

I have been reading the Wharton paragraphs and am still seeing many of the same mistakes. If you are not sure exactly how to improve your writing, you should make frequent appointments to see me. It is important that you begin to make a conscious effort to improve your essay writing. I would rather you take more time and prepare better paragraphs than rush through them. For tomorrow's essay, please bring your tone word handout as well as the recent handout on "writing about literature." I want you to use these handouts when you write. I hope you had a good day today. I will see you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment